Can anyone help me with eee pc 2g surf and updating pidgin

Peter gate420 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 16:40:50 EST 2010

 I have been going through the site it tell me to download the 2.7.7 source
I did that but can't figure out the commands to install or update the
current version of pidgin that comes installed on the eee pc. I was able to
update the adobe flash using this website
http://wiki.eeeuser.com/adobe_flash_version_10#method_1install_newest_flash_
with_adobe_s_latest_version I need instructions like the ones on this
website so I can get my chat working again can any one please help me. If I
cant update this chat I think my wife will make me buy her a new system and
I cant afford that since we are on disability pension. I really need someone
help to get the newest version of pidgin working thanks in advanced

Peter Lesperance

gate420 at gmail.com