Help Logging all conversation History

Programmer In Training pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Mon Feb 1 09:18:25 EST 2010

On 1/27/2010 8:31 AM, Katelyn Seager wrote:
> I was wondering if it is possible on pidgin to have a running IM
> window that shows all chat history with every user.  I currently have
> a subscription to a yellowjacket chatting service and I was hoping to
> find the same functionality in pidgin.
>
> Thank you for the help.
>
> Katelyn

Pidgin does have a log viewer, it's easy to bring up and if you've
enabled logging, you'll find chat logs (I recommend plain-text logging
as HTML just unnecessarily bloats the log file). I'm not sure it will be
real time, but um, what's the point in viewing chat logs in real time?
If you're adding to the log in an active discussion, the active chat
window could be described as a real time log viewer.

Hope this helps.
--
Yours In Christ,

PIT