Please help

Programmer In Training pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Thu Feb 11 23:48:36 EST 2010

On 02/11/10 15:48, Ellen Erickson wrote:
> I was trying to use Pidgin so I didn't have to open the browser to chat
> with my husband, who lives in another country right now.  It worked
> until I allowed an update, and now I can't get a satisfactory answer to
> fixing the fact that I'm not allowed to enable my own account again.  I
> have no "Client Login" option under the Advanced tab.  I'm using  2.6.5
> with Hardy Hedgehog.  I am able to use Google and Yahoo chats through my
> browser.  Please tell me why I should keep Pidgin and keep trying to see
> if someone can help.  Thank you.
>
> Ellen
<snip>

I have no idea what Hardy Hedgehog is, to be honest. As for the issues
you are having, I don't use Google Talk so I cannot help with that, and
I'm not having any Problems with Yahoo (my problems were with AIM and
ICQ and to some extent, Jabber).

I do hope someone can help you find an answer, just keep all replies to
the mailing list, that way, once you find a solution, others with
similar issues will see what worked for you so they can try it.

--
Yours In Christ,

PIT