Pounces in IRC aren't triggered

Dave Warren lists at hireahit.com
Thu Feb 25 20:42:27 EST 2010

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:53:05 -0800 (PST), Mike Schilli
<pidgin-support at perlmeister.com> was claimed to have wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Daniel Atallah wrote:
>
>> For IRC, you need to have the buddy added to your list for pounces to
>> work.  The reason for this is that IRC "status" can only be determined
>> by polling the server for individual buddies.
>
>Interesting, I added the buddy to my buddy list (Buddies->Add Buddy),
>used "accountname at irc.freenode.net (IRC)" as the account name, put the
>buddy's nick under "Buddy's username", left "(Optional) Alias" and "Add
>buddy to group" empty. Still no luck, though. The pounce script doesn't
>get triggered on any event. Any way to debug this?

I realize this may not help you, but I can tell you that this
functionality does work here, I rely on IRC pounces based on "Has signed
on" conditions.  Other conditions likely won't work as IRC doesn't
supply the necessary details.

You might want to delete the buddy-pounce and recreate it from an IM
window you started by double-clicking an item in your buddy list, this
will avoid any typos/errors in the choice of nick and servers.