Pounces in IRC aren't triggered

Mike Schilli pidgin-support at perlmeister.com
Fri Feb 26 01:20:26 EST 2010

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Dave Warren wrote:

> I realize this may not help you, but I can tell you that this
> functionality does work here, I rely on IRC pounces based on "Has
> signed on" conditions.  Other conditions likely won't work as IRC
> doesn't supply the necessary details.

Dave, it's definitely helping to hear that it works for you. So you have
only checked the box "Signs On" in the pounce dialog and you get
a pounce if the IRC buddy "signs on" the IRC server? Or enters
a channel?

Are your IRC buddies using Gaim as an IRC client as well or something
else (not sure if it makes a difference, just trying to narrow down the
problem)? Are they entering a password or an open IRC server? Is it
freenode? Are you executing a command or playing a sound?

-- Mike

Mike Schilli