Help with Pidgin

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Jan 2 18:28:10 EST 2010

Caitlyn Lloyd wrote:
> I have an HP laptop and I have pidgin on it. It had been working fine
> for months but now it will not connect. I keep getting the message:
> Failed to connect to server. We had changed internet companies but for
> awhile Pidgin was fine but then it just stopped. Please help me.

You probably meant to say that you use MSN.  Microsoft don't support
open source clients.  They changed the protocol.  You need to install
Pidgin 2.6.4 to catch up.

If the problem is not with MSN, you are going to have to tell us more.

A better subject would have been: '"Failed to connect to server" when
using MSN'.

--
David Woolley