Pidgin 2.6.4: AIM No Longer "Connects"

Sokolsky, Joel joel at emphasysworld.com
Fri Jan 8 13:00:16 EST 2010

I've just upgraded from Pidgin 2.6.2 to 2.6.4 on the PC at my office.
Now when I initiate Pidgin, I get a message at the bottom stating "Error
requesting http://api.oscar.aol.com/aim/startOSCARSession: Error reading
from api.OSCAR.aol.com: Remote host closed connection" followed by a
"Modify Account" button and a "Reconnect" button.  The "Reconnect"
button seems to have no affect.  The "Modify Account" button shows
nothing that obviously needs modifying.

I did the same upgrade on my PC at home, however, I did not encounter
this problem there.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?

We build software so you can build communities.

Joel B. Sokolsky
Product Development - Lead Programmer/Analyst
Emphasys Software
Phone: 800/250-6227  ext. 1051
Fax: 925/243-9912
E-mail: jsokolsky at emphasysworld.com

http://www.emphasysworld.com <http://www.emphasysworld.com>
The information contained in this e-mail transmission is legally
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individuals or entities rightfully named as addresses. If you, the
reader of this message, are not the rightfully intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, publication or
copying of this transmission (including attachments) is strictly
prohibited.