2.6.5 Re-Introduces an Annoyance

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Tue Jan 12 16:29:06 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 16:13, John W. Moore III
<jmoore3rd at mozilla-enigmail.org> wrote:
> Brian Morrison wrote:
>
>> I use GTalk, and have never seen any problem with certificates,
>> certainly nothing has reverted for me when using 2.6.5 on Win32. I
>> don't yet have 2.6.5 on my Linux boxen, so will see if anything shows
>> up when I do.
>
> The issue apparently occurs only when the Google Certificate is
> called/presented twice.  In My case it happens because GTalk is invoked
> for both GTalk via a Gmail Account and again for a GTalk Account through
> a Google Apps Domain.

If you're manually specifying the connect server (in the "Advanced"
tab of your XMPP account settings) (which shouldn't be necessary if
the Google Apps domain's DNS is configured correctly and your local
DNS deals with SRV lookups), that is likely the cause.

-D