The infamous "Received unexpected response" error message ...

Andrew Kennis andrew.kennis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 19:10:58 EST 2010

Hello folks,

I did a bit of searching on good ol' ad-free Scroogle.org (Google searches
without the ads and marketing info, I recommend this to everyone) and
already saw that folks have posted before about this error message from AIM.
Out of the clear blue sky, despite having used AIM on Pidgin for a long time
and having successfully tested my login through AIM express, I started
receiving this error message. It reads, exactly, as follows:
Received unexpected response from:
http://api.oscar.aol.com/aim/startOSCARSession

What can I do to fix this? All the posts I saw from before were not recent
and not applicable to the most recent version I have (2.6.5). Can anyone
please help me? :)

-Andrew