The infamous "Received unexpected response" error message ...

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Jan 14 03:19:35 EST 2010

Andrew Kennis wrote:

> I did a bit of searching on good ol' ad-free Scroogle.org (Google
> searches without the ads and marketing info, I recommend this to

How is Google paid for this?  Using the Google search engine but
stripping the advertising would, almost certainly, be a copyright
infringement.  Maintaining ones own crawler and search engine hardare
would be very expensive.

> everyone) and already saw that folks have posted before about this error
> message from AIM. Out of the clear blue sky, despite having used AIM on

A good search engine would also have found the dozens of identical
answers to this problem on the support list archives.

Please remember, though, that it is AOL that broke compatibility.

--
David Woolley