Request to close ticket 4912 and some thoughts on the development of QQ protocol

Xianwen Chen xianwen.chen at ymail.com
Mon Jul 12 11:24:29 EDT 2010

Dear pidgin developers and QQ protocol users,

This ticket [1] was opened 2 years ago. Fortunately, the issue was fixed in the (partially) implemented QQ 2008 protocol. I believe it's time to close it.

The QQ protocol is supposedly being developed by the OpenQ team, but apparently, they haven't shown the public their effort since Jan. 17th [2]. The user contributed patch was ignored, which was submitted to their Google group list [3]. A separated ticket tracker is there, with 5 tickets, none of which has been resolved [4].

If a visit to this link is paid [5], you would see that there are so many tickets opened in the official channel but with little or no attention.

One may conclude the failure of the developers, or/and the mode of assigning the development to a loose managed team. I would not recommend any discussion on this, but rather, I'd like to call the community to have a look into this issue, and if possible, start working by taking care of the unclosed tickets and the completion of 2008 protocol.

Best regards,

Xianwen

1. http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/4912

2. http://code.google.com/p/openq-ng/source/browse/#hg/trunk