Unable to authenticate: Authentication Failure

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Mon Jul 12 13:37:29 EDT 2010

David Fletcher spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I keep getting this "Unable to authenticate: Authentication Failure"
> everytime I log into pidgin, how to I en-able so I can use my MSN?

First off, I'd like to point out that your email is 126kB, and
contains approximately .5kB of useful information.  (The above
sentence, a salutation, and your name.)  You should probably look into
this.  If you send another email to this list with a long footer
advertising products, I will mark your emails as spam.

Second ... this is almost always caused by the user mistyping or
mis-entering either the username or password to the account.  For an
MSN account, ensure that you are entering your *entire* passport ID --
e.g., davidfletcher at hotmail.co.uk, not just davidfletcher.  Verify
that you can log into the MSN web site using the passport ID and
password you are using for Pidgin.  Finally, if you have saved your
Pidgin password, delete and reenter it in case you made a typo the
first time.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.