type to find contact

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Sat Jul 24 21:57:47 EDT 2010

On 07/24/2010 09:44 AM, Marcio Humpris wrote:
> if i have pdigin set to show only online friends and i start to type a
> name of a contact to find it, it doesnt show contacts that are offline,
> only the ones online. would be nice to find any contact, as other
> programs do.

The find methodology we use only finds visible entries in the buddy list
widget because it jumps to the rows as it finds them.  It would be
impossible to jump to and select invisible rows in a way that makes
sense.  However, there are two slightly longer ways to get to offline
buddies:

1) Show offline buddies first, then search.

2) Press Ctrl+M to open the "New Instant Message" window and type the
buddy's name there.  Pidgin will auto-complete names and screen names in
the list.

Kevin