Pidgin Windows MSI

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Tue Jul 27 09:46:47 EDT 2010

On 07/27/2010 09:35 AM, Vern Burton wrote:
> I am wondering if you could start maintaining a MSI package so that
> Pidgin can be deployed via Active Directory?

We have no desire or intention to change our installer.  That said, the zip file
we distribute for those wishing to create a portable installation can be used to
create an MSI if you so choose.  There also used to be an alternative to MSI
packages that were deployable via Active Directory software assignment; it may
be worth investigating as it may be easier than creating an MSI.  That said, if
you're using a proper patch management application, you should be able to use
that application to deploy Pidgin with its current installer to workstations.

John