Nokia N900 / Pidgin and MXiT not working

Pat Henchie dcb at ovi.com
Tue Jul 27 10:42:49 EDT 2010

Hi

I am in South Africa and trying to get MXiT working on the nokia N900

I have the latest firmware on the N900 and have downloaded the Pidgin client from the meamo catalogue, client version Pidgin 2.6.6 (libpurple 2.6.6)

before the MXit account will activate it shows a security code and asks you to enter it

Security code is entered exactly as shown, press continue and an Error message "you did not enter the security code" appears - this happens almost instantaneously so I don't think any validation has actualy been sent, just don't think the application recognises that characters have been entered.

there are also two options below the security code
Your country
Your Language

these look like options that you should be able to select but you can't

any assistance would be appreciated

cheers
Patrick