Hotmail/Windows Live disconnecting Pidgin

Michael McDowell mmcdowell at blueprint.net
Thu Jul 29 10:18:31 EDT 2010

Hi Guy,

Viewing my hotmail messages in IE has started disconnecting Pidgin
again.  I have disabled the WindosLive plug-in's as suggested however I
believe MS must have updated or changed something in some way recently
to cause this to happen.

Anyway I've switched to FireFox for the time being but if you experience
this behaviour yourselves and work out a fix I'd be really appreciative
if you'd drop me  a line.

(And if you're ever in London near Shoreditch drop me a line and I'll
buy you all beers for making such a cool alternative to the MS IM
client.)

Cheers,

Michael McDowell

Senior Software Engineer