Pidgin issue

Javier Gimenez javier49191 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 11:18:35 EDT 2010

Hello, I installed Pidgin 2.6.6 in my ubuntu Lucid, I think that is awesome
!! But I don't know how to use *my smileys*, files *.png or *.jpg, I mean, I
want to add new smileys to use them in my conversations and I tried to added
new ones in "Tools => Custom Smileys" but when I'm going to use them, in the
windows chat, doesn't appear *my smileys*. I read the document in the link:
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/SmileyThemes
It says:

   - Copy a folder, whose contents are described below, into
   ~/.purple/smileys (See the
FAQ<http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#Whereismy.purpledirectory>for
the location of
   ~/.purple on Windows)
   - Drag a tar.gz file (it must be a gzipped tarball), whose contents are
   described below, onto the list of smiley themes in Tools -> Preferences
   - Click the "Add" button in the "Smiley Themes" tab in the preferences,
   navigate to your <theme>.tar.gz file, and click * "Open".*

But I don't have any option called "Add" neither "Open".

Can you help me please?