Help with pidgin

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Jun 4 17:20:48 EDT 2010

Danica Anna Quinia wrote:

> I really, really need your help. My pidgin account used to work fine but

There is no such thing as a Pidgin account.  Pidgin can provide access
to many different kinds of account; you need to identify the type of
account, who is providing it, and the detailed error message.

> lately it was displaying Not Responding error at the start of launching
> the program. I tried to uninstall and install a new one but I'm still
> having the same problems. I use pidgin to connect to my employer since I
> work as a homebased transcriptionist. Pidgin is our way of communication
> and now it has stopped working. Please help.

Quicktate by any chance?  I believe they run their own IM service, so
you need to talk to their IT department.  Unfortunately I get the
impression that they don't support their workers well, as we've had
several people who have been told, by them, to use Pidgin, but who
haven't had it properly explained to them.

Note that this email address is a peer support mailing list.

--
David Woolley