Missing header files when building Pidgin

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Tue Jun 8 18:04:31 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 14:32, Kevin Macksamie <kevin.macksamie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build Pidgin 2.7.1 on Windows Vista and I'm following
> http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/BuildingWinPidgin. I get a missing file when
> trying to compile. I'm missing dns_sd.h. When I download this file and put
> it into the right directory I come across an error telling me I am missing
> sys/socket.h, replacing that gives me an error that I am missing features.h,
> then sys/uio.h, and now bits/socket.h. I must have missed something, but I
> don't know where. Please help me. I'm sure I forget to download and extract
> some file.

You shouldn't be downloading files from arbitrary sources, that isn't
a good way to get stuff working.

That header comes from the Bonjour SDK:
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/BuildingWinPidgin#BonjourSDK

It looks like Apple has made it almost impossible to find the SDK now,
but I found this link that appears to work:
http://developer.apple.com/networking/bonjour/BonjourSDKSetup.exe

-D