AIM causes dozens of Cannot Add Buddy 1 error notifications

melissa k kendokamel at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 17:40:20 EDT 2010

Today, when I logged into Pidgin, I started to get DOZENS of "Cannot add buddy 1 for unknown reasons" error pop-ups - one every other second or so.  I'm pretty sure it's from AIM, as I disabled that account and the notifications vanished.

I installed the latest version of Pidgin, so I'm unsure as to what is happening.  (I haven't added any new buddies, recently, either.)

Is there anything I can do to stop that?

Thanks