Pidgin will not load

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Fri Jun 18 18:15:25 EDT 2010

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:45:45 -0400
"Penny Cotton" <pennykstr at gmail.com> wrote:

> This last time I turned my pc on, pidgen has "sat and spun' for at least
> an hour...says I'm available ...alll my accounts are enabled, but says
> "waiting for connection"....can someone please help??

Well, it sounds like you have a problem that might be caused by
something like a software firewall or similar.

Do you have an anti-virus software running? Might it have decided a new
version of Pidgin needs to be permitted to send data?

Just a couple of suggestions to get started with, but some more
details of your setup would be useful....

I've cc'd you in case you're not subscribed to the Pidgin support
mailing list, replies should only go to the list address please.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde