Pidgin will not load

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Tue Jun 22 11:28:28 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 05:45:45PM -0400, Penny Cotton wrote:
> This last time I turned my pc on, pidgen has "sat and spun' for at least an hour...says I'm available ...alll my accounts are enabled, but says "waiting for connection"....can someone please help??

"waiting for network connection" means that pidgin does not believe you
have an active internet connection, which is most often caused (on Linux)
because NetworkManager is configured and running but not actually in use
and so it never sees an active connection. If this is in fact the case
then simpy disabling the NM service should fix the problem and allow
pidgin to connect, alternatively you can run pidgin with the -f command
line flag to force it into "always online" mode.

On Windows this shouldn't generally be possible at this point, if you are
seeing this on Windows then please let us know what version of pidgin you
are using, what version of Windows you are using, and any firewall or
network connection management software you may be using.

    -Etan