Pidgin experiencing crash in msvcrt.dll

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Fri Jun 25 15:25:20 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 15:01, Kevin Macksamie
<kevin.macksamie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Right now I am developing a plugin that builds IM bots that talk to each
> other. When I unload the plugin sometimes Pidgin crashes after 30 seconds to
> a minute. Attached is the drmingw output and pidgin.RPT.
>
> When my plugin unloads it removes and deletes all the accounts - causing all
> conversations to close (which may be why the RPT file shows the error
> stemming from pidgin_conv_window_remove_gtkconv).
>
> I've been dealing with this all day and I can't find anything in my code
> that might lead to a crash, but of course I'm not saying that there isn't
> anything in my code that will cause Pidgin to crash down the road in its
> execution time.

It is possible that it is crashing after the timeout "close
conversation timeout" - when conversations are closed, they are
initially just hidden for some time, and then are actually closed
later.  The reason for this is so if you reopen a conversation within
a short time, it just resumes the previous conversation.

If this is what is happening, the "Close IMs immediately when the tab
is closed" checkbox should fix the issue.

Your debug output isn't very useful because you've built pidgin with
the dwarf2 debug symbols and the crash report generator can't read
those.

-D