Fwd: Anyone successfully using pidgin to access Oracle stbeehive IM?

Paul Aurich darkrain42 at pidgin.im
Wed May 12 11:35:38 EDT 2010

And Brian Lu spoke on 05/12/2010 05:29 AM, saying:
> Hi, experts,
>
> Does anyone know if pidign can connect to Oracle IM ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Brian

Yes (not me, personally, because I don't work for Oracle, but I know at
least one person/group that use Pidgin).

Christopher's comments (removed) are also confusing (or at least indicate
two possible issues, one on Linux, one on Solaris -- I'm unclear on what
the issue is on Ubuntu, though).

What does the Help->Debug Window show when trying to connect on Solaris,
and what is the issue on Ubuntu (and does upgrading to 2.6.6 via the Pidgin
PPA [1] help any)?

~Paul

[1] http://pidgin.im/ubuntu