Fwd: Anyone successfully using pidgin to access Oracle stbeehive IM?

Brian Lu Brian.Lu at Sun.COM
Wed May 12 08:29:30 EDT 2010

Hi, experts,

Does anyone know if pidign can connect to Oracle IM ?

Thanks

Brian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Anyone successfully using pidgin to access Oracle stbeehive IM?
Date: 	Wed, 12 May 2010 08:10:23 -0400
From: 	Christopher Phillips <Christopher.Phillips at Oracle.Com>
To: 	s10-users at sun.com

Hi

I am trying to begin set up Oracle IM with pidgin.
I have successfully used Mac OSX Adium to access
but have yet to get pidgin to work. I recently upgraded
to pidgin 2.6.6 but thats still no go.
(This may be a pidgin issue as my Ubuntu 9.10 netbook
with pidgin 2.6.2 also doesn't seem to work correctly
although it at least seems to connect, on Solaris it seems
to continually spin trying to connect (greyed out Jabber icon).

Chris

--     Woda: "Java: write once, debug anywhere" Hong Zhang
                      http://thehenrys.ca
  | Chris Phillips - Oracle Java Sustaining JVM Engineer,          |
  | mailto:Christopher.Phillips at Oracle.Com      (416)483-3768      |
  |        WhoZat?                                                 |
  | http://LGonQn.Org/www/Chris.Phillips  cell: (416)505-3610      |
  "EPIC stands for Expects Perfectly Intuitive Compilers" P. Bannon
                   http://www.hazmatmodine.com
  NOTICE:
  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
  and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any
  unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
                    "blah blah blah - Ginger!"