People don't read the mail list

David Balazic David.Balazic at hermes-softlab.com
Tue May 18 11:27:06 EDT 2010

Stu Tomlinson wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 11:26 +0200, David Balazic wrote:
> > ... obviously (judging by the latest posts).
> > Neither do they check the archives.
> >
> > So how about serving them the relevant information instead?
> >
> > Currently it seems to be:
> >  - flash issue on Windows
> >  - theme changing
> >  - maybe one or two more I forgot
>
> I don't have much hope for this working, given that you didn't mention
> the possibility of listing these on the "Common issues" section we
> already have, but I added some here : http://pidgin.im/support/

Yes, that's great. But that is half of the solution.

The other half is getting people to notice it (reminds me of the
road plans in Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy...)

I checked:
 - Pidgin main page [1] - no mention of known issues
 - Pidgin dowlonad page [2] - no mention of known issues
 - Pidgin menu Help / Online Help F1  [3] - no mention of known issues
 - Pidgin menu Help / About - no mention of known issues
 - Pidgin menu Help / About ... FAQ link [4] - no mention of known
issues

So how is a Otto Normaluser supposed to find it? It is only present on
the
page http://pidgin.im/support/. And googling "pidgin known issues" does
not
even list it in the first page of results.

Regards,
David

[1] - http://pidgin.im/
[2] - http://pidgin.im/download/