Please provide some profile/ accounts/ data storage location option to users

V S Rawat vsrawat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 14:06:09 EDT 2010

I had pidgin running well, but my w7 gave problem and I had to format
and reinstall, thus I have to reinstall pidgin.

It was a pain to provide all accounts and to give all settings,
several of which I had forgotten. When I had a pidgin running, it
would have been great if I had option to save my data in a separate
harddisk location so that pidgin could have read directly from there
and started with those accounts and settings.

Please consider providing some option to user to choose a different
location, instead of usual c:. Save all user specified data to that
location.

You can test the concept in firefox and thunderbird, which give option
to define user profile location, and new installation reads that and
starts without any break.

Thanks.
--
Rawat