Problem starting Pidgin 2.7.5 after installing files for East Asian language in Windows XP

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Tue Nov 9 14:36:34 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:05, Sangwon Lee <neobiwan at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I installed Pidgin version 2.7.5 in my Windows XP box, and it's been working
> fine.
>
> However, after I installed files for East Asian language in XP's Regional
> and Language Options,
>
> I got this error message when I tried to start Pigdin.
>
> "pidgin.exe - Entry Point Not Found
> The procedure entry point gdk_pixbuf_save_utf8 could not be located in the
> dynamic link library libgdk_pixbuf-2.0-0.dll."
>
> "Error loading pidgin.dll.
> Error: (127) The specified procedure could not be found."
>
> Is this a bug?

The problem here is that Pidgin is either not finding some portion of
GTK+ or it is finding an older version.

It isn't likely to be related to the fact that you installed support
for Asian languages.

The easiest solution is probably going to be to reinstall pidgin,
making sure that you have the "GTK+ Runtime" component selected during
installation.

-D