Lotus Sametime 8.0.2 support

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Tue Nov 16 15:29:46 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 03:05:40PM -0500, Michael Mackin wrote:
> We work with a business partner who uses Lotus Sametime who has recently upgraded to Sametime 8.0.2, and now our Pidgin client has dropped all buddies, and states: "Lost connection with server: Connection interrupted by other software on your computer." and "Version mismatch"
>
> Please advise when you anticipate support for Lotus Sametime 8.0.2, thank you.
>
> Mike

"Lost connection with server: Connection interrupted by other software on
your computer." is a network error and not a client one. It likely means
exactly what it says something on the local computer (a firewall or
anti-virus or something) forced the connection to close.

More would need to be know about the "Version mismatch" error before
anyone could say what it meant exactly.

Also, do you really mean Sametime 8.0.2? Isn't that years old?

Lastly. Our Sametime support was maintained by someone who no longer
actively works on pidgin. None of the rest of the active developers (and
none of the even semi-active developers) has access to a Sametime
installation that I'm aware of. This makes ongoing maintenance of the
support all-but impossible. Patches welcome.

    -Etan