Lotus Sametime 8.0.2 support

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Tue Nov 16 22:51:41 EST 2010

On 11/16/2010 03:29 PM, Etan Reisner wrote:
> More would need to be know about the "Version mismatch" error before
> anyone could say what it meant exactly.

The "Version mismatch" error is the server rejecting us because of our
advertised client version.  The "Hide client identity" checkbox on the advanced
tab of the account editor may help in this regard.  The basic problem is our
Sametime support hasn't had any TLC in years.

> Also, do you really mean Sametime 8.0.2? Isn't that years old?

We have issues with anything newer than Sametime 7.4, I believe.  Tickets on
trac could likely confirm this.

> Lastly. Our Sametime support was maintained by someone who no longer
> actively works on pidgin. None of the rest of the active developers (and
> none of the even semi-active developers) has access to a Sametime
> installation that I'm aware of. This makes ongoing maintenance of the
> support all-but impossible. Patches welcome.

Yes, patches are most certainly welcome!

John