Pidgin Error - Validate Certificate Error: SOLUTION

B Linky blinky203 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:00:09 EST 2010

To people getting the message:

>> The certificate for omega.msn.com could not be validated, The
> > certificate chain presented is invalid.

.. trying to connect to MSN today, see the following page for the solution:

 http://blog.andreineculau.com/2010/11/pidgin-and-msn-certificate-error-for-omega-contacts-msn-com/

I've no idea why noone from pidgin has thought to post to this list
about it - I had to go on their irc channel to find out, where people
were coming on all the time asking. You'd have thought they'd have
been fed up answering the same thing all the time.