Pidgin SSL-certificate error

Carlijn Gerrits komiyan666 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 06:38:05 EST 2010

Hello,

I have read the FAQ on the pidgin side, but I don't understand the
instructions at all.

My version of pidgin is giving an error that says exactly this: "The
certificate for omega.contacts.msn.com could not be validated. The
certificate chain presented is invalid."
I have not the faintest Idea what I should do about this. I tried restarting
both pidgin and the computer, but neither of these things worked.
I'm not about to mess with anything I don't know about, so I didn't try
anything else.

Is there anyone who can explain to me how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Komiyan