Pidgin SSL-certificate error

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sun Nov 21 06:43:04 EST 2010

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 12:38:05 +0100
Carlijn Gerrits <komiyan666 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have read the FAQ on the pidgin side, but I don't understand the
> instructions at all.
>
> My version of pidgin is giving an error that says exactly this: "The
> certificate for omega.contacts.msn.com could not be validated. The
> certificate chain presented is invalid."
> I have not the faintest Idea what I should do about this. I tried restarting
> both pidgin and the computer, but neither of these things worked.
> I'm not about to mess with anything I don't know about, so I didn't try
> anything else.
>
> Is there anyone who can explain to me how I can solve this?

Read this and follow the link to the howto:

http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/12906#comment:39

Then carefully implement it but ensure that when you copy the files you
remove the part of the filenames before Microsoft or it won't work.

If you have further problems then ask again.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde