file transfer problems

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Fri Oct 1 18:16:32 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 17:18, Justin Norris <justin at precisionturbo.net> wrote:
> I have never been able to transfer files with Pidgin. It does not matter,
> Yahoo or AIM. It just cancels the transfer and most time will close Pidgin
> completely. I just got a new computer and upgrade to the latest version and
> i am still having problems. I was using XP, now I am using 7. Any help would
> be appreciated.

File transfers not working for Yahoo are a known issue - there has
been some improvement to this for the next release.

As far as AIM goes, it *should* work if you're using a recent version.
 If you're using 2.7.3 and it still doesn't work, you'll have to
provide a debug log (http://d.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForBugReports).

-D