fetion

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sat Oct 9 19:31:16 EDT 2010

David Woolley spake unto us the following wisdom:
> fetion 0.97 is the plugin.  I guess this means it is a third party
> plugin and not supported here.  For 0.97, there seems to be no
> documentation or copyright statement in the source tree, so I can't
> work out where the official support channel is.  (Actually a couple
> of files have copyright notices for Thomas Butter, and GPL claims,
> but I think they are the result of an illegal derivation of the code
> - it doesn't meet the GPL distribution requirements ("Copying",
> proper copyright notices), even if it was intended to do so.

Note that Thomas Butter was a Google Summer of Code student for Pidgin
a number of years back, so it is perfectly valid for his name to be in
Pidgin-related code.  I haven't looked at the code in question, so I
don't know what exactly the circumstances are, but I did want to make
sure Thomas gets credit where credit is due.  He's one of us.  :-)

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.