can no longer adjust width of chat/im window?

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Fri Oct 15 09:51:44 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 03:18:32PM -0400, Pauli Hayes wrote:
>  that was the main reason i have used pidgin :( i need my im client to be a
> narrow window -- less than 2 inches wide. looks like the new default width
> is more than 4 inches wide and cannot be changed, at least in the newest.
> 2.7.3 that i just downloaded.
>
> please, oh please tell me it ain't so!

GTK+ requires (by default) that widgets inside the window be visible.

If your width is being constrained by the formatting toolbar you can turn
that off to try to gain some space.

If your width is being constrained by the menu bar in the conversation
window (and you are using a translated interface) you can try using the
English translation instead as that may help (a number of translations
have item names that are many times longer than the English originals).

If your width is being constrained for no reason that you can tell then
you should provide us a screenshot and a list of your loaded plugins.

    -Etan