Pidgin connection time out error to Facebook

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Mon Oct 18 14:16:58 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 14:14, Ann Marie English
<ann_marie_english at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ok. My Telnet connection failed aswell when trying to connect to that port.
> So does that mean then that I need to use a proxy? And if so how can I
> change the password which is currently stored and appears in the account.xml
> file as that is not my current proxy password.

Please reply to the mailing list instead of to me directly.

I can't speak about your network configuration, but it sounds likely
that you do need to use a proxy (depending on your proxy configuration
you may or may not be able to connect through it).

If you choose a proxy type other than "None" in your account
configuration you'll be able to specify the appropriate
username/password for that proxy.

-D