About Pidge

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Oct 21 10:09:05 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 06:47 -0700, Jane Wong wrote:

> If I use Pidgin system and add yahoo, MSN account in it. Can I find
> all the chat history? If it can saved all the history chat message.
> How to delete all the history message?

If you have logging enabled (Tools -> Preferences -> Logging),
conversations will be saved. You can access them through Pidgin by
right-clicking on an entry in the buddy list, from the Buddies menu in
the buddy list, or from the Conversation menu in an open conversation.

If you want to delete them, you'll need to delete the files stored in
the logging directory. I'm guessing you're on Windows, so see this FAQ
entry:
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#Wherearemysettingsanddataincludinglogssaved

If you're on *nix, then it's: ~/.purple/logs

Richard