Yet another gtalk "not authorized"

Paul Aurich darkrain42 at pidgin.im
Thu Sep 23 22:53:48 EDT 2010

On 2010-09-23 09:31, B Wooster wrote:
> Well, this looks a bug - is there a workaround, the older Pidgin worked fine.
>
> According to http://code.google.com/apis/talk/jep_extensions/jid_domain_change.html
> when connecting to talk.google.com must do this:
> set client-uses-full-bind-result attribute to "true."
>
> But clearly it is not doing that as shown in the log below:

The workaround is to look at the working version (2.6.6) at the session
bind exchange and look at what Google says your *actual* JID is (hint:
it's going to be something @gmail.com) and use that as the account name,
not @example.com.

Anyway, I've already reverted the mentioned change here (I was unaware
Google leveraged that extension for the horrifically crazy
Use-your-own-email-address-on-Google-Talk-even-without-Google-Apps-for-your-domain
thing); it will "work" the same way again in release+1.

~Paul