Can't log in

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Sep 29 02:12:58 EDT 2010

Jaime Jose Mataac wrote:
> Hi! Last night my account was locked because I entered an incorrect password.

Which account, i.e. with which service?

> I tried to solve the issue by logging into my Yahoo! account and

Is this the account that was locked?  Do you mean that you logged in
using the official client?

+ updating my profile there. However, I still cannot get into pidgin even
+ when I tried the re-enable account option. Why so?

I'm fairly sure you can get into Pidgin.  I think your problem is in
using Pidgin to get into your Yahoo! account.  What does the Pidgin
debug log report during the login attempt?  Which version of Pidgin are
you using?  I presume the official client only runs on Windows, but
which version of Windows?

> I would very much appreciate a help from you guys.
>
> Thanks =)
>
> ciq_jmataac is my username. Thanks!

No-one on this mailing list should have any access to your Yahoo!
account, so the user name is of no use here.

--
David Woolley