search in finch

Daniel daniel at otherware.org
Tue Sep 28 18:29:15 EDT 2010

Hey, the search in finish is rather poor. It works fairly well to find which
log a word occurred in, but it's terrible for actually finding where in a
log a word occurred.

It would be really nice if there was something like readline's ctrl+r where
one could just do a reverse search in the current buffer.

Would something like this be feasible?

--
"America was founded by men who understood that the threat of domestic
tyranny is as great as any threat from abroad. If we want to be worthy of
 - Ron Paul, Texas Straight Talk, May 31, 2004