Help please

Mike mike2936 at telus.net
Tue Apr 5 17:29:18 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to use Pidgin for the first time and cannot connect with a friend.

I have tried added my windows live messenger and also my yahoo.com ID's.

Their ID shows as msn/name at yahoo.co.uk.

I get various errors at times.

"unable to add buddy to server list" is one.

When I am able to add my yahoo account, the person can send me a message and see I am online.  I can see they are online but my messages are not being received by them.  When I 'im' them, a window opens with my messages on my computer, but they see nothing.  Any idea why not?

Thank you very much.