Issue after Download

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sun Apr 10 14:16:17 EDT 2011

Tamara Graham spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I just finished downloading Pidgin for Mac. When the download completed, a
> window popped up with the message of 'unarchiving pidgin...'. After that,
> I'm unable to find the application to open. I'm not at all literate with
> Pidgin or similar applications. Is there a step that I'm missing in order to
> properly install the program for Mac?

We don't distribute a Pidgin for Mac, so I suspect one of two things
has happened.  Either you downloaded the source code from pidgin.im
(which is not what you want), or you downloaded a binary from someone
else (which we do not support).

There are several ways to install Pidgin on a Mac, but none of them
are probably going to make you happy.  What exactly are you trying to
do, and why do you want Pidgin on your Mac?  Is it possible that Adium
(http://adium.im/) is a better choice?

Ethan