pidgin not responding on Windows

Fabian Michel fabianmichel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 10:08:05 EDT 2011

Hello,

Since a few weeks I'm experiencing a strange behavior : Pidgin becomes
rapidly not responding under windows.
Latest version of Pidgin used on an ACER ASPIRES 7535G.
Problem appeared first on the existing Vista installation, I reformated the
drive and installed a fresh new Windows 7 (both official versions) but the
problem stayed the same, pidgin after a few time become in status not
responding, have to kill it via Windows tasks manager.
I used Pidgin both with an MSN account and a GTALK account.
It worked for years, what happened suddenly ?
Any help is welcome, it would really annoy me to have to abandon Pidgin for
something else...