Enabling/Disabling specific "Sound Events" from purple-remote

Bob Doolittle Bob.Doolittle at oracle.com
Tue Apr 12 15:49:16 EDT 2011

  Hi,

I want to be able to script turning on or off certain sound events, using purple-remote.

Is there a way to do this? It doesn't appear that purple_sound_set_ui_ops is appropriate to call over DBus. Certainly:

purple-remote "PurpleSoundGetUiOps()"

is not working.

Ultimately, I'd like an easy way to on-the-fly turn on/off sound alerts for "Others Talk In Chat". Ideally, this would be on a per-chatroom basis, but clearly that's not available today, so doing this globally would be next-best for me.

Any tips appreciated.

-Bob