Cant load Pidgin on iMac

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Wed Apr 13 14:55:50 EDT 2011

Kevin Mc Kenna spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I have downloaded Pidgin for OS X from the web site and unpacked itŠ.it
> seems to place many files on the hard drive, but does not start or give me
> any icons to start it, or even a file indication of how to start itŠ.please
> give me guidance.

This is source code, not a working application.  You will probably
want to install Pidgin for OS X via fink or macports, if you do not
wish to mess with source code.  However, you may be well served by
using Adium (http://adium.im/) instead.

Also, it is TOTALLY AWESOME that your email is from "Communications
Consultants" and contains 34 lines of useless boilerplate beneath the
< 3.4 lines of useful content.

Ethan