Cisco XMPP

Aaron Leonard Aaron at cisco.com
Mon Aug 8 17:15:19 EDT 2011

Roy,

A fair number of us at Cisco use Pidgin.  I'm using:

Connection security: Require encryption

with "Allow plaintext auth over unencrypted streams" checked.  (Although
a quick check shows that unchecking it works too.)

I guess that doesn't give you much to go on, does it?  I can't tell you
much more as I don't have visibility into how our XMPP server is set up
... perhaps logging will help.  At any rate, the answer to "has anyone
gotten pidgin to work" is yes.

Aaron

----