Cisco XMPP

Roy Kidder rkidder at rkidder.com
Mon Aug 8 10:06:11 EDT 2011

I've looked back over the last year's worth of threads and didn't have any
luck on this.

Has anyone gotten pidgin to work with Cisco's XMPP (UCS) product? No
matter what encryption method I use, I get an "SSL Handshake Failed"
error. A tcpdump clearly shows a TCP setup, what appears to be an attempt
at a TLS handshake, and then the TCP disconnect.

I'm have two other XMPP accounts (Google and a private Jabber server)
configured and working properly.

I'm using Pidgin 2.9.0, compiled from source with libgnutls-dev
2.8.6-1ubuntu2 on Ubuntu 11.04.

Thanks in advance,
Roy