running Pidging and Communicator at same time

Jason Perez jasonp_austin at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 11 18:02:47 EDT 2011

Hello.  At work I run Communicator on my Windows XP laptop and Pidgin on my Unix (Rhel5) box.  I was using the web version of Communicator under Unix but it sucked big time, always disconnecting from the Exchange server.  Pidgin works great and it is always up.  However I see one big shortcoming - if Pidgin is up it seems to block IM's from Communicator on the laptop.  This is a problem if I have my laptop away from my desk and I forget to close Pidgin - I get no IM's.  Is there any way to fix this?  This didn't happen when I ran the web version of Communicator.

Thanks,
-Jason