Is there a way to get Pidgin to connect to my Actiance Vantage IM archiving server?

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Aug 18 16:53:54 EDT 2011

Mark Zimmerman wrote:

No content.

Actiance Vantage appears to be a glorified firewall, including
facilities to intercept IM traffic, including to bypass the public
servers.  If it fails to intercept all traffic from Pidgin it is broken,
as it is failing to prevent your workers from using IM within the
company but using non-company controlled servers.

Pidgin is a client, so if Vantage can intercept MSN and you access a MSN
with Pidgin, it should intercept your traffic, etc.

> NOTICE: This communication may contain confidential and privileged
> material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review or

VOID.  This is a public mailing list.  Use of such warnings when they
are not meant might be used as a defence in a borderline case.
Non-borderline cases don't need the warning.

--
David Woolley